Chain Harrows and Grass Harrows
Agritrend chain harrow and grass harrow range. Sizes in 4, 5 and 6 meter (13’, 16’ and 19’). All round heavy duty build with hydraulic folding as standard. 8mm carbon steel construction
Agritrend heavy duty tooth section
Agritrend LTD designed this harrow range to be the heaviest and most aggressive on the UK market for British grassland conditions for thick and heavy sward, poached and uneven ground and re-seeding after ploughing. Three sizes: 4, 5 and 6 meter
|Size||Weight||Tooth sections||teeth||Transport width||Length|
The following list is a buying comparison check which highlights the Agritrend chain harrow heavy-duty specifications which set them apart from other harrows:
- Heavy-duty frame and levelling bar made from 80mm X 80mm X 8mm 355 carbon steel giving greater weight and strength, longer life and more effective performance. Compares well with industry standard of 6mm steel.
- Heavy duty skids made from 8mm steel. Visibly more robust than standard harrows.
- Heavy duty 14mm steel rings in the chain. Industry standard is 12mm.
- Strengthening straps from 14mm steel. Industry standard is 12mm.
- All models with hydraulic fold as standard.
- Tooth sections are 2.1kg. 40% heavier than the industry standard of 1.5kg.
- Longer and fatter harrow teeth. ¾ inches longer than the industry standard.
– Longer tooth sections are more effective.
– More massive tooth sections take longer to wear.
– More metal mass means resistance to shattering on stumps and drain covers.
– Our more massive tooth section is double sided and can be flipped between “standard” and “aggressive”.
- Transport locking mechanism for increased safety for a definite lock
- Pull cord activates a mechanical unlock to drop the machine from transport to working position
- Hydraulics re-fold the machine with mechanical auto-lock being reset. This means a safety chain is not needed and makes the machine easier to deploy in the field.
- Transport width for all sizes at 2.45 meters
- Robust hooks and shackles around the frame in keeping with the heavy duty approach.
Agritrend introduced the heavy duty chain harrow in 2012 and it now sets the best standard for strength of build, weight and effective harrowing. This is because of heavier metal work used in construction, a heavier tooth section and better design and very good welding and finish.
These harrows are available to view in the following locations see below. Call Bob Mills on 07979 061250 to arrange a viewing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kent/Sussex, Ed Burridge Engineering 07766 812999
- Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorset, IOW: Hunt Forest group
- Cornwall: Truro Farm Machinery
- Devon: CR Willcocks TQ12 6RW
- Mid-Wales: Call Morgan on 07791179168
- North Wales Denbigh: Harrison Machinery
- South West Wales: A&W Agricultural.
- Anglesey: PGF Agri
- Staffs, Derbs and Peak district: B&B Tractors
- South and Central Scotland: Thomas Sherriff
- South Cumbria: DJ Agri
- Northumbria and North East: Paxtons
- North Yorks: BRM LTD
- Rest of Yorks: Adam Willis 07752 371216
- Lancashire: Carrs-Billington
- Bristol/Bath and surrounding: JW Agri Services
- M4 Hungerford: PJS Agricultural
- Shrewsbury: Severn Farm Machinery
Agritrend harrows are the default choice for effective harrowing and levelling.
Our mission was to make ours the strongest chain harrow available in the UK and to beat the premium brands on price with more metal for your money. Because our harrows are built stronger so they are longer lasting, more aggressive at aeration and very effective at clod crushing. The heavier specification allows many of our customers to use this harrow with good effect on ploughed pasture land before re-seeding. Some use them in place of more expensive spring tine harrows because of the longer and more aggressive tooth section